Re: [junit] Re: Help with JMock

  • Steve Freeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
      Nice to hear it's not all our fault ;-) but it sounds like we need to
      improve either the doc or the download. Depending on your circumstances,
      given that the target class is final (boo!) you might want to consider
      wrapping it in a veneer that you /do/ control and that you can define in
      terms of your application, rather than the third-party library.

      cliftonccraig wrote:
      > I figured out my problem with JMock from my earlier post. I didn't
      > [...]
      > my experience. Rule of thumb, if you find the need to mock a class,
      > rethink your design. I know my design stinks, which is why I'm having
      > so many problems.
    • Neil Swingler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
        Steve,

        it should be possible to get a mock class to pretend to be another final
        class using a special classloader. See my submission in the files section.

        - Neil Swingler

        > Nice to hear it's not all our fault ;-) but it sounds like we need to
        > improve either the doc or the download. Depending on your circumstances,
        > given that the target class is final (boo!) you might want to consider
        > wrapping it in a veneer that you /do/ control and that you can define in
        > terms of your application, rather than the third-party library.

        > cliftonccraig wrote:
        > > I figured out my problem with JMock from my earlier post. I didn't
        > > [...]
        > > my experience. Rule of thumb, if you find the need to mock a class,
        > > rethink your design. I know my design stinks, which is why I'm having
        > > so many problems.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Steve Freeman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
          Thanks. I'm actually wondering whether it's a good idea to mock a final
          class. It seems to be missing the point a little, since that's the sort
          of thing I'd wrap with some kind of veneer type.

          S.