JUnit and Eclipse

  • jmf0617
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      I am new to Eclipse and JUnit, so please bare with me, and yes I
      know this is not an Eclipse site. Maybe someone out their uses
      Eclipse and can point me in the right direction.

      I downloaded Eclipse and it appears to have JUnit as part of the
      download. When I try to use JUnit as per the the "Eclipse in Action
      Workbook" I do not get the results the book indicates. Basically I
      can't get it to work. Also the release level of JUnit does not match
      the book either.

      I assume I should download the latest release of JUnit and install
      it. Is their somewhere I can obtain install instructions for JUnit?

      Thanks in advance for any help provided.

      Jared
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        jmf0617 wrote:

        > I am new to Eclipse and JUnit, so please bare with me, and yes I
        > know this is not an Eclipse site. Maybe someone out their uses
        > Eclipse and can point me in the right direction.
        >
        > I downloaded Eclipse and it appears to have JUnit as part of the
        > download. When I try to use JUnit as per the the "Eclipse in Action
        > Workbook" I do not get the results the book indicates. Basically I
        > can't get it to work. Also the release level of JUnit does not match
        > the book either.
        >
        > I assume I should download the latest release of JUnit and install
        > it. Is their somewhere I can obtain install instructions for JUnit?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help provided.

        I've never read the book, but it should be this simple. (I'm assuming
        Eclipse 3.0, which has JUnit 3.8.1 with it.)

        1. Write a test case (create class, write test method).
        2. With the test case class open and the active editor window, choose
        Run > Run As > JUnit Test.

        One of two things happen:

        (a) You see the test runner with a green or red bar, depending whether
        your test passes.

        (b) You see nothing. It appears as though nothing happened.

        If (b), then you have Eclipse set with the option "do not show the JUnit
        test runner if all tests pass". It's in the Workbench preferences
        somewhere. You have two choices:

        1. Change that option, which is what I did.
        2. Open the JUnit view "by hand" to see the test runner. (Window > Show
        View > Other... then choose Java > JUnit from the list of all views.)

        Does this help?
        --
        J. B. Rainsberger,
        Diaspar Software Services
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi,
          Check with this link for all ur answers
          http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/faq/faq.htm
          -vinoth

          jmf0617 <jaredfreeman@...> wrote:
          I am new to Eclipse and JUnit, so please bare with me, and yes I
          know this is not an Eclipse site. Maybe someone out their uses
          Eclipse and can point me in the right direction.

          I downloaded Eclipse and it appears to have JUnit as part of the
          download. When I try to use JUnit as per the the "Eclipse in Action
          Workbook" I do not get the results the book indicates. Basically I
          can't get it to work. Also the release level of JUnit does not match
          the book either.

          I assume I should download the latest release of JUnit and install
          it. Is their somewhere I can obtain install instructions for JUnit?

          Thanks in advance for any help provided.

          Jared

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT