Re: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi Bari case on this list

  • Bruce Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2003
      Re: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi Bari case on this list Sweeney was "not checked out and cleared." He refused to answer any questions from the FBI and, of course, has threatened to sue KQED Television, KSRO Radio, a free New York weekly called The New York Press that printed Cockburn's piece on the case, the weekly paper in HumCo that also printed Cockburn's piece on the case, and so on. Has he ever sued any publication? No. But he has a reason for lying about the bombing: He did it, and he's looking at spending his golden years in the federal pen. Wilson simply repeats whatever Sweeney and Cherney tell him is the truth about the case, and both of them are what they are.

      As for responding to Wilson, I've often replied to him in my paper but at this point he has nothing to say that he hasn't said before, and replies are a waste of time. The essential arguments are on my "subscription seeking" website.

      ----------
      From: EF! Media Center <hayduke@...>
      To: juliabutterflynet@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi Bari case on this list
      Date: Sat, Aug 23, 2003, 1:24 PM

      In a message dated 8/23/2003 2:18:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time, NWILSON@... writes:
      As I wrote in my rebuttal to Anderson on Baribomb, the one Andy did not post here as he did Anderson's shopworn old argument, Sweeney was checked out and cleared.

      The baribomb list is unmoderated. I didn't keep anything from going to that list. I posted Bruce's response only because he was having problems with a server which interfered with him posting things for himself, and because he isn't on most of the lists to which you posted your comments.

      Andy

      When did this happen? Who did the test? And where are the results available?

      MD
      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

       <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3760361.5018013.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705064177:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

    • Nicholas Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 24, 2003
        From:  <ava@...>
        Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:42:53 -0700
        Subject: Re: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi Bari case on
                 this list

        Sweeney was "not checked out and cleared." He refused to answer any questions from the FBI and, of course, has threatened to sue KQED Television, KSRO Radio, a free New York weekly called The New York Press that printed Cockburn's piece on the case, the weekly paper in HumCo that also printed Cockburn's piece on the case, and so on. Has he ever sued any publication? No. But he has a reason for lying about the bombing: He did it, and he's looking at spending his golden years in the federal pen. Wilson simply repeats whatever Sweeney and Cherney tell him is the truth about the case, and both of them are what they are.

        Yes he was checked out and cleared, but not necessarily by the cops, though Anderson doesn't know for a fact that they didn't check him out and clear him. He was taking care of his and Judi Bari's two young daughters in Redwood Valley when the bomb was put in Judi's car in Oakland during the dark night of May 23-24, 1990 on a quiet residential street with virtually no traffic in the early morning hours. Any innocent person would be well advised, and WOULD BE advised by an attorney, NOT to answer questions from cops who are trying to convict you of something, or frame your wife. Cops often use lies and treachery to trick people, then twist their words and lie about it under oath, which they certainly did in the Bari bomb investigation, as was amply exposed during the trial last year, to the unanimous satisfaction of the jury. No one has to answer questions from the cops, and that doesn't stop them from convicting guilty persons, or innocent persons, for that matter.

        Anderson goes on as though the cops tried to solve the bombing, when in fact they tried only to frame the innocent victims of it for political reasons, as the jury agreed. Anderson acts as though an innocent person has nothing to fear from talking candidly with the police during an interrogation. Such touching naivete.

        Anderson has for the umpteenth time in the latest AVA and on his website reprinted the falsehood that Sweeney has an alibi for the night of May 22-23, before Judi left for the city, but not for the night of May 23-24, when the bomb was set. He's got it wrong. It's the other way around. Sweeney doesn't need an alibi for the earlier night, when the kids were with Judi at her home before she left. And that was the night that, if he was going to put a bomb in Judi's car he certainly would have done it, because her car was parked just steps from his door, and he knew she was driving to the Bay Area for a couple of days. But we know the bomb wasn't placed then because it would have exploded no later than when Judi drove from Berkeley to Oakland to spend the night, more than 12 hours after she left home, instead of the next day. That's actually good evidence right there that it wasn't Sweeney. On the next night, when the bomb was placed, Sweeney had the kids in Redwood Valley, and he has a witness who confirms that.

        As for responding to Wilson, I've often replied to him in my paper but at this point he has nothing to say that he hasn't said before, and replies are a waste of time.

        I have plenty to say that hasn't been said before, but Anderson's rag is not a productive place to say it. The fact is, Anderson admits that he will not publish rebuttal letters to the editor from me. So he can rave on endlessly, chewing the same tired old cud over and over again, with nothing new added, and no rebuttals allowed.

         The essential arguments are on my "subscription seeking" website.

        And none of the rebuttals are. Just the same old one-sided, error-filled compilation of rumors, gossip, hearsay, innuendo, speculation, conjecture, guesses,  malice, hubris and arrogance.

        ----------
        From: EF! Media Center <hayduke@...>
        To: juliabutterflynet@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, Aug 23, 2003, 1:24 PM

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 2003
          Re: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi Bari case on this list If mega-perv Wilson will write his main points in to my paper I'd be happy to rebut them again, as would Jim Martin, Ed Gehrman, Talbot, and every other person who's paid attention. This letter itself is typical of this clown ‹ no facts only characterizations of our points as wrong.

          ----------

          From: EF! Media Center <hayduke@...>
          To: juliabutterflynet@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, Aug 23, 2003, 1:24 PM

        • mttree@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 25, 2003
            You all know what a shame it is for a common person to read all this BS?

            I mean, dont we all care and share a common goal here and that is our love
            of the earth and the trees?

            Please remove me from this list. I have better things to do with my time
            than to read this petty cross-post-hell!

            For the TREES ~
            Stephanie

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • EF! Media Center
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 25, 2003
              RE: [JBN] Re: Bruce Anderson's disinformation re Judi
              You all know what a shame it is for a common person to read all this BS?

              I mean, dont we all care and share a common goal here and that is our love
              of the earth and the trees?

              Please remove me from this list.  I have better things to do with my time
              than to read this petty cross-post-hell!

              For the TREES ~
              Stephanie

              Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.
            • Bruce Anderson
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 25, 2003
                Dear Stephanie,

                We don't all share a common goal. Lots of people in the self-appointed
                leadership use the trees to enrich themselves, hence the necessary if
                painful debate which, of course, honest people don't fear. This Wilson
                fellow is a child molester and all-round bad person. He's trying to harm
                good people like Andy Caffrey by shutting down his e-mail account. I hope
                you won't assist in this effort at censorship.

                Very best,

                Bruce Anderson, AVA

                juliabutterflynet@yahoogroups.com, earthfirstalert@yahoogroups.com,
                baribomb@yahoogroups.com, eftalk@yahoogroups.com