Re: Using Judoscript+Jcom from Scriptable Thinlet

  • o_collioud
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
      Michael,

      Original Thinlet (thinlet.sourceforge.net) works with Java only.

      What I use is a layer over Thinlet called Scriptable Thinlet
      (perso.club-internet.fr/sjobic/thinlet/) which includes Thinlet
      itself and BSF (http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf) to use various script
      languages instead of Java.

      To add Judoscript support to Scriptable Thinlet, you only have to put
      judo.jar, jcom.jar and jcom.dll in
      [yourpath]/xthinlet/scriptablethinlet/lib and, if you are under
      Windoze for instance, use a batch file like this from
      [yourpath]/xthinlet/scriptablethinlet/demo:

      if "%OS%"=="Windows_NT" @setlocal

      REM overload my JDK1.4 JAVA_HOME to test with JDK1.1
      REM set JAVA_HOME=c:\java\jdk1.1.8
      REM set LOCALCLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip

      set HOME=%~dp0..

      set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%HOME%\classes
      set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%HOME%\..\thinlet\lib\thinlet.jar
      set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%HOME%\lib\bsf-2.3.0rc1.jar
      set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%HOME%\lib\judo.jar

      set PATH=%PATH%;%HOME%\lib

      echo Use classpath: %LOCALCLASSPATH%
      echo Use JAVA_HOME: %JAVA_HOME%
      %JAVA_HOME%/bin/java -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH%
      thinlet.script.ScriptableThinlet -language judoscript -file %HOME%
      \src\demo\script\calculatorJudo.xml

      REM End of script

      It's your turn now !

      Olivier.

      --- In judoscript@yahoogroups.com, "wexler" <mwexler.338002@b...>
      wrote:

      > I'm curious about thinlet and judoscript. The site looks very
      > intersting. Would you be willing to post about your experiences
      with
      > using thinlet with Judoscript? For example, how hard it was to
      > configure (we've seen some of this), what a complete sample program
      > looks like (looks like multiple xml files, one per panel or
      screen?),
      > and how you package and execute it?
      >
      > I know, that's a lot to ask, so really any off the cuff notes for
      > documentation purposes would be helpful.
      >
      > http://thinlet.sourceforge.net/overview.html gives samples, but they
      > are all java focused; perhaps things work differently in Judoscript?
      >
      > Thanks for any hints,
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > --- In judoscript@yahoogroups.com, "o_collioud" <o_collioud@y...>
      wrote:

      > > This time, adding to PATH the path of the directory which
      contains
      > > jcom.dll did the trick.
      > >
      > > It's time for me to code my app now...
      > >
      > > @+
      > >
      > > Olivier.

    • o_collioud
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
        Ooops!

        add the following line to the script too:
        set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%HOME%\lib\jcom.jar

        ... if jcom.jar is not included in judo.jar (which is the case with
        judoscript-0.9).