Fwd: An Urgent Appeal ~~Public Demonstration at Coalinga State Hospital, Noon, Sunday, March 2, 2008

  • LADY GRAY
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2008
      Alexis Endurance <one2vegas@...> wrote: Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:24:05 -0800 (PST)
      From: Alexis Endurance <one2vegas@...>
      Subject: An Urgent Appeal ~~Public Demonstration at Coalinga State Hospital, Noon, Sunday, March 2, 2008
      To: alexis@...

      From: list@...
      Date: February 12, 2008 12:07:38 PM PST
      To: Undisclosed Recipients <list@...>
      Subject: RSOL.ORG Digest

      An Urgent Appeal to key RSOL participants in California
      Re: From: list@...
      Date: February 12, 2008 12:07:38 PM PST
      To: Undisclosed Recipients <list@...>

      An Urgent Appeal to key RSOL participants in California
      Re: Public Demonstration at Coalinga State Hospital, Noon, Sunday,
      March 2, 2008

      We are writing you to urge you to take part in a bold action on
      behalf of the rights of sex offenders. The current sex offender
      panic, and the outrageous deprivation of rights to sex offenders,
      keeps going on and on - it is time to act!

      The courageous detainees held as sex offenders in civil commitment at
      Coalinga State Hospital have been engaged in various forms of protest
      for many months. These protests have been detailed in articles in the
      Los Angeles Times. There are about 600 men held there for life,
      including many whose crimes were not violent, and all of whom have
      completed their sentences. This is clearly a serious violation of
      their civil rights. We believe it is completely unacceptable. We
      applaud their protests - which have included at times a hunger
      strike. Coalinga
      professes to be a ¨hospital,¨ where ¨treatment¨ is provided. The
      protesters have shown that ¨treatment¨ has been a sham, and that the
      ¨hospital¨ is in fact a kind of concentration camp.

      Family members and others are planning a public demonstration

      --outside the main gate of Coalinga State Hospital
      --at noon on Sunday, March 2,

      to continue to publicize their plight and demand better treatment
      immediately, as well as their eventual release. WE URGENTLY APPEAL
      TO YOU who live in California or adjacent areas of other stats to
      join the rally. Please also bring others with you.

      Because a previous demonstraton in Ohio by sex offenders and their
      families was harrassed by bigots, you should be prepared for this
      possibility. All precautions are being taken to avoid confrontation,
      and local authorities will be alerted. The detainees are depending on
      word of mouth among those committed to justice for sex offenders. Ask
      any friends you tell about this to keep the time and place of the
      rally confidential. We are hoping that supportive and carefully
      screened members of the press, as well as lawyers, will be present,
      both to document the protest and to provide security.

      Coalinga is about half-way between the San Francisco and Los Angeles
      areas, or about a two hour drive from either.

      You may call Jaymmie Stallworth, 916-670-0022 (cell phone), the
      on-site organizer, or Michael St. Martin, a detainee inside Coalinga,
      at 559-934-0391 or 934-0392 (telephones within the institution)for
      more information, and concerning transportation. Or you may contact
      detainees@.... If you plan to drive your
      own car, please let her know so that others could ride with you.
      Some participants are making reservations to stay overnight at a
      nearby motel, and you may want to do so as well - for info email
      detainees@....

      If you give permission, we would like to give your phone numbers to
      the organizers of this demonstration.

      IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU LET ORGANIZERS KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING AND
      WHEN YOU EXPECT TO ARRIVE IN COALINGA.

      Alex Marbury & Paul Shannon

[...]

      'The "echo" of 'life's Drums are Being heard.......