recording as a soundfile in Wire

  • Yong-Jin Jeong
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
      Hello~
      How can I record output to a soundfile in Wire ?
      Thanks !

    • Phil Burk
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
        Hello,

        From: "Yong-Jin Jeong" <ssamdoll@...>
        > How can I record output to a soundfile in Wire ?

        Wire does not currently support recording to disk. But that is a high
        priority for the next version. In the meantime, there is an interesting way
        to add this feature yourself.

        You could start with Nicks WAVFileRecorder from the utilities section of the
        JSyn File archive:

        then make a SynthNote that opened up Nicks recorder in its own frame. Then
        use the input of the recorder as the input of the SynthNote. Then you can
        import that SynthNote into Wire and use it as a module using the "Add" menu,
        "Circuit by Name..." item.

        This is a rather terse explanation. If you have questions about how to do
        this, and someone hasn't already hacked out the solution, then let me know.

        Phil Burk