Re: [jsyn] feature request

  • Douglas Wolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2003
      > > It would be great if SynthSampleQueue could play in either direction -
      >that
      > > Another thing that would be nice is if there were a 'palindrone' loop
      >option
      >
      >Those would be great options, and not too hard to do.
      >They are on my list.

      Thanks! BTW - with granular synthesis I've had some success simulating
      (somewhat) the sound of reverse playback and palindrome loops because
      control of the grain starting frame is under Java program control. The
      changes on the engine side will make the effect more convincing, especially
      with longer grain durations.

      Another question - why does the jSyn CPU usage increase when a
      SampleReader_16V1 play rate is increased?

      Doug