Re: Automatically launch browsers in the background

  • sacreelimace
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi, it looks like the 'closeBrowsersAfterTestRuns' property is set to
      true by default, and actually it works as expected when I put directly
      the binary executables in 'browserFileNames'.

      The problem arise when I put in 'browserFileNames' the name of a
      script that starts
      the browser, then exits before the browser itself exits...
      I guess (but I may be wrong) that the method used to close the browser
      is to kill the process of the browser, which is not appropriate in my
      case.

      --- In jsunit@yahoogroups.com, "deo_jaiswal" <deo_jaiswal@...> wrote:

      > one of the properties is closeBrowserAfterTest.. by default it is set
      > to false. If you make it true, JSunit will close browser after test run.
      >
      > --- In jsunit@yahoogroups.com, "sacreelimace" <sacreelimace@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello
      > >
      > > I'm trying to figure out how to integrate JsUnit with CruiseControl
      > > (which is basically a cyclic process that builds a project in the
      > > background).
      > >
      > > So I've an ant build.xml and I run the standalone_test from JsUnit.
      > >
      > > First, the only way I've found to configure the web browsers to launch
      > > is the browserFileNames system property.
      > >
      > > As I want them to be started in the background, it requires a full
      > > command line with several options, and it doesn't work if I put the
      > > whole command line in the browserFileNames property.
      > >
      > > 1. -> Is there a way to pass in a custom command line for each browser
      > > to be tested ?
      > >
      > > I managed to put the command lines in a shell script, but now the
      > > windows don't close automatically anymore for 2 reasons :
      > >
      > > a- the command I use to launch the browsers in the background is
      > > asynchronous : it launches the browsers, then returns immediately,
      > > leaving the browsers' windows open. Therefore, even if my process is
      > > terminated by the JsUnit test, the window stay open.
      > >
      > > b- with Firefox, a new process is not started if another one
      already
      > > exists : so either the test is run in a tab of the existing process or
      > > in a new window, but the original process cannot be killed by the
      JsUnit