Re: [json] json_parse.js

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2008
      On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Jorge Chamorro <jorge@...> wrote:
      > Also, I wonder why did you "feel the need" to rewrite the parser
      > without RegExps ?
      > This one should run (much?) slower, I mean, vs the native speed of
      > RegExps, or not ?
      > Why/when would you choose one version over the other ?

      You may well be right that a regexp based one is faster (given JS'
      lack of efficient string/char manipulation methods), but performance
      is one area where intuition often leads astray. One should not try to
      guess which is faster, but to measure.
      So it would be great to get a performance test to verify which is
      faster (and on which JS engines) and by how much.