Re: [json] StringWriter Class does not exist in J2ME but is used in mobile version of JSON

  • Himanshu Ranavat
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
      Hi,

      I do not have access to the ability to upload or make changes to json.org website. However, my personal suggestion would be to take an updated zip file from Akhil and upload it to the website. In addition to that there can also be a link to the project they are developing. I would leave this decision to those who have control over what goes on json.org website

      Thanks Akhil

      Himanshu

      Akhil Arora <akhil@...> wrote: Hi Himanshu,

      An update of the org.json.me library hosted at
      https://meapplicationdevelopers.dev.java.net/mobileajax.html worked
      around this issue by supplying its own minimal implementation of
      StringWriter in the org.json.me package itself. This library has been
      tested extensively on several CLDC/MIDP devices, including some very
      low-end ones, so it should work with all current devices (although I
      suspect most of the usage on devices has been on consuming json rather
      than producing it).

      Since the zipfile hosted at json.org is now known to have this bug, we
      can either

      1. update the zipfile with the latest source from the
      meapplicationdevelopers project, or

      2. replace the zipfile with a link to the meapplicationdevelopers
      project (which does not provide zips, in order to accommodate a large
      variety of devices with varying capabilities)

      I can supply the updated zip, please let me know.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
        > I do not have access to the ability to upload or make changes to
        json.org website.

        > I would leave this decision to those who have control over what goes
        on json.org website

        Send me a file of good stuff and I will put it on JSON.org.
      • Himanshu Ranavat
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
          Okay, let see if I can come up with something

          Himanshu

          Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote: > I do not have access to the ability to upload or make changes to
          json.org website.