JSON C# Parser

  • Michael Schwarz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hello,

      I will first introduce myself: I'm the author of the Ajax.NET
      (http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/ or
      http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/) and using JSON to transport objects
      from server-side .NET code to JavaScript.

      Currently I'm working on a parser (or converter) that will create .NET
      objects on the server-side from a JSON string. I had a look at the
      JSON parser at http://www.json.org/ but ran into different problems.
      Has anyone developed such a parser already or is working on it?

      CIAO
      Michael
    • Atif Aziz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2005
        Hi Michael,

        I have written such a parser in C#. The parser is an adaption of the
        JSONTokener port available from Douglas Crockford's web site [1]. I
        have re-factored the JSONTokener, JSONArray and JSONObject classes
        be slightly more de-coupled with the eventual goal of allowing the
        caller to dictate the object hierarchy that is deserialized by the
        parser. In essence, the parser now works with an AST (Abstract
        Syntax
        Tree) strategy that can be implemented by anyone. The default
        implementation, of course, simply deserializes into JSONObject and
        JSONArray instances but that's precisely what can be changed now. I
        have also a JSON writer implementation that does the converse. It
        provides an AST interface and emits JSON as text. The advantage of
        this approach is that you can even (for some odd reason) emit an XML
        or binary of the JSON AST. Just one problem...you've just caught me
        right before the point I was going to find a home for the sources
        but
        haven't gotten around to it. If you're interested in having a look
        at
        it sooner, please e-mail me and I can send the implementation to you
        directly.

        [1] http://www.crockford.com/JSON/cs/

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Michael Schwarz <michael.schwarz@g...>