Re: JavaScript JSON parser without eval()

  • Greg Patnude
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7 6:09 AM
      Yes.

      Doug Crockford's ORIGINAL json parser {circa 2005 or so} did NOT use
      the eval function -- it was a strict tokenizer / regex mechanism both
      for parsing a JSON string and for stringifying a JSON Object....

      I did NOT see the original on json.org -- perhaps Doug or someone
      else has an archived copy laying around --

      I have a modified copy I would be willing to share if you ask
      nicely...

      Greg