Re: [json] JSON Serialization

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2007
      You might want to check out jabsorb (formerly known as JSON-RPC-Java) at
      http://jabsorb.googlecode.com

      In the new 1.2 version, we've added circular reference and duplicate
      reference support (1.2 is currently a release candidate, but the final
      version is imminent...)

      See also, http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/wiki/CircularReferences for more
      info about the circular references support and how it is implemented in
      jabsorb.

      On Nov 19, 2007 8:06 PM, haritha.juturu <haritha.juturu@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone
      > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
      > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...
      > XStream, JSON-lib , FlexJson , DWR , JSON-RPC and so on.
      >
      > I have looked at XStream and JSON-lib. Does anyone know which is the
      > best out there keeping in mind that JSON serialization can have
      > problems due to circular references and large object graphs.
      > Thanks
      > Haritha

    • Kyle Alan Hale
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
        > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
        > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...

        There are far too many options. It's because JSON is a wonderful new
        emerging standard, and everyone wants a piece of the pie.. everyone
        wants their names in the history books. And, everyone has different
        styles and needs. So, there's no easy way out: you just have to
        research every one of them and find the one that best meets your
        needs. The solutions that meet the needs of the most people will be
        the ones to survive. That's exactly why JSON is doing so well.
      • haritha.juturu
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle Alan Hale" <kylealanhale@...> wrote:

          > > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
          > > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...
          >
          > There are far too many options. It's because JSON is a wonderful new
          > emerging standard, and everyone wants a piece of the pie.. everyone
          > wants their names in the history books. And, everyone has different
          > styles and needs. So, there's no easy way out: you just have to
          > research every one of them and find the one that best meets your
          > needs. The solutions that meet the needs of the most people will be
          > the ones to survive. That's exactly why JSON is doing so well.

          Thanks All. guess i'll be playing with some of the libraries to decide
          on what will work best.