JSON Serialization

  • haritha.juturu
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2007
      Hi Everyone
      I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
      application. I believe there are just too many options out there...
      XStream, JSON-lib , FlexJson , DWR , JSON-RPC and so on.

      I have looked at XStream and JSON-lib. Does anyone know which is the
      best out there keeping in mind that JSON serialization can have
      problems due to circular references and large object graphs.
      Thanks
      Haritha
    • Arthur Blake
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2007
        You might want to check out jabsorb (formerly known as JSON-RPC-Java) at
        http://jabsorb.googlecode.com

        In the new 1.2 version, we've added circular reference and duplicate
        reference support (1.2 is currently a release candidate, but the final
        version is imminent...)

        See also, http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/wiki/CircularReferences for more
        info about the circular references support and how it is implemented in
        jabsorb.

        On Nov 19, 2007 8:06 PM, haritha.juturu <haritha.juturu@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone
        > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
        > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...
        > XStream, JSON-lib , FlexJson , DWR , JSON-RPC and so on.
        >
        > I have looked at XStream and JSON-lib. Does anyone know which is the
        > best out there keeping in mind that JSON serialization can have
        > problems due to circular references and large object graphs.
        > Thanks
        > Haritha

      • Kyle Alan Hale
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
          > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
          > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...

          There are far too many options. It's because JSON is a wonderful new
          emerging standard, and everyone wants a piece of the pie.. everyone
          wants their names in the history books. And, everyone has different
          styles and needs. So, there's no easy way out: you just have to
          research every one of them and find the one that best meets your
          needs. The solutions that meet the needs of the most people will be
          the ones to survive. That's exactly why JSON is doing so well.
        • haritha.juturu
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
            --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle Alan Hale" <kylealanhale@...> wrote:

            > > I was looking for a JSON serializer library to use in our web
            > > application. I believe there are just too many options out there...
            >
            > There are far too many options. It's because JSON is a wonderful new
            > emerging standard, and everyone wants a piece of the pie.. everyone
            > wants their names in the history books. And, everyone has different
            > styles and needs. So, there's no easy way out: you just have to
            > research every one of them and find the one that best meets your
            > needs. The solutions that meet the needs of the most people will be
            > the ones to survive. That's exactly why JSON is doing so well.

            Thanks All. guess i'll be playing with some of the libraries to decide
            on what will work best.