  • Kris Zyp
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2007
      I wanted to introduce my project Persevere, as I have just released a new
      version of the Persevere server and client:

      Persevere is an open source set of tools for persistence and distributed
      computing using simple intuitive JSON <http://www.json.org/> interchange
      using HTTP REST <http://code.google.com/p/persevere-framework/wiki/RestJson>and
      JSON-RPC <http://code.google.com/p/persevere-framework/wiki/JsonRpc>. The
      Persevere project includes a Persevere Server and Persevere JavaScript
      Client, but these interact through standard
      JSON-RPC <http://code.google.com/p/persevere-framework/wiki/JsonRpc>, and so
      both the client and server can be used with other client and server

      The Persevere Server is a Java based server that provides persistent data
      storage of JSON data, as well as query capability through
      and distributed computing capabilities through JSON-RPC. Persevere follows
      the JSPON <http://www.jspon.org/> convention for exposing persistent data
      storage as JSON REST web services, and with full capabilities for
      modification of persisted data, execution of remote/distributed JavaScript
      methods on the client and server, and data centric object level security.
      Persevere JavaScript Client is a persistent object mapping framework for
      JavaScript in the browser, which allows programmers to access, traverse, and
      manipulate persisted objects graphs easily with standard JavaScript syntax.
      Complex dynamic object graphs can be persisted with Persevere (like JsonML).
      You can see an example of creating a blog with persistence enabled

      I would love to get feedback on this. Persevere has been designed to use
      simple standards based HTTP JSON communication for maximum interoperability.
      If anyone is working on similar projects, I would be eager to see if there
      are any interoperability opportunities between our projects. I have already
      been doing some work to try to make it work with ActiveResource.
      Thank you,