Announcing "JsonFx JsonSerializer"...

  • Stephen M. McKamey
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
      I've been using my C# JSON parser for about a year now as I've been
      building out a larger end-to-end Ajax framework. Last week, I released
      the JSON parser which the framework is built upon.

      The parser/serializer is written in C# and is intended to be as easy to
      use as XML serialization in .NET. It includes the option to control
      serialization using attributes or implementing an interface. It has
      the ability to serialize and deserialize strongly-typed classes.

      Until the entire framework is available, I encourage you to try out the
      parser:

      http://jsonfx.net/BuildTools/

      Thanks,
      Stephen McKamey
    • Stephen M. McKamey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
        FYI, last week I posted an update for JsonFx JsonSerializer. Updates
        include:

        - expanded JSON object serialization to include any IDictionary with
        String keys
        - making DateTime serialization conform to ISO-8601
        - minor bug fixes

        Check it out (as well as other open source tools) at:

        http://jsonfx.net/BuildTools/

        Thanks,
        Stephen

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen M. McKamey" <jsonml@...> wrote:

        > I've been using my C# JSON parser for about a year now as I've been
        > building out a larger end-to-end Ajax framework. Last week, I
        released
        > the JSON parser which the framework is built upon.
        >
        > The parser/serializer is written in C# and is intended to be as
        easy to
        > use as XML serialization in .NET. It includes the option to
        control
        > serialization using attributes or implementing an interface. It
        has
        > the ability to serialize and deserialize strongly-typed classes.
        >
        > Until the entire framework is available, I encourage you to try out
        the
        > parser:
        >
        > http://jsonfx.net/BuildTools/
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Stephen McKamey

      • Stephen M. McKamey
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
          FYI, an update for JsonFx JsonSerializer is available. Round-trip
          support is improved for strongly typed objects.

          http://jsonfx.net/BuildTools/

          Features:

          - Functions like XML Serialization in .NET, including the optional
          ability to control serialization via attributes/interfaces

          - Serializes and deserializes IDictionary<String, T> and IDictionary
          with String keys directly as a JSON object

          - Serializes and deserializes List<T>, ArrayList, LinkedList<T>,
          Queue<T> and many other IEnumerable types directly as JSON arrays

          - Serializes and deserializes DateTime, Enum, Nullable<T>, Guid and
          other common .NET Types directly as JSON primitives

          - Serializes and deserializes strongly-typed classes (similarly to
          XML Serialization in .NET)
        • Stephen M. McKamey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
            Just wanted to share that the source code repository for the JSON serializer in JsonFx.NET (as well as the full Ajax framework) has been migrated to Google Code.

            http://code.google.com/p/jsonfx/

            The JsonFx website will continue to remain the official source for JsonFx information and will link to Google Code for source:

            http://jsonfx.net/download/#json