Re: [json] examples of valid but "problematic" JSON?

  • Henrik Hjelte
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      On 10/3/07, Brautaset Stig <stig@...> wrote:

      > Do you have a piece of (valid!) JSON that some JSON parsers find
      > difficult to parse? If you do, I'd love to get my hands on it.
      >
      > I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
      > Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
      > cases correctly.

      The Json checker contains testcases you can use. If all tests pass, I
      would be confident that everything works ok.

      Get the testcases here: http://www.json.org/JSON_checker/test.zip

      /Henrik Hjelte
    • Gaetano Giunta
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
        I tested php json parsers using the test cases you can find here:
        http://gggeek.altervista.org/sw/article_20070425.html

        I personally prefer the parser to accept not only valid json strings,
        but all things that browsers accept as valid to build javascript anon
        objects.

        Gaetano

        > Do you have a piece of (valid!) JSON that some JSON parsers find
        > difficult to parse? If you do, I'd love to get my hands on it.
        >
        > I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
        > Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
        > cases correctly.
        >
        > [0] http://code.brautaset.org/JSON/ <http://code.brautaset.org/JSON/>
        >
        > Stig
        > --
        > http://blog.brautaset.org <http://blog.brautaset.org>
        > http://code.brautaset.org <http://code.brautaset.org>

      • Stig Brautaset
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hi Henrik,

          On 3 Oct 2007, at 15:00, Henrik Hjelte wrote:
          > On 10/3/07, Brautaset Stig <stig@...> wrote:
          >> I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
          >> Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
          >> cases correctly.
          >
          > The Json checker contains testcases you can use. If all tests pass, I
          > would be confident that everything works ok.
          >
          > Get the testcases here: http://www.json.org/JSON_checker/test.zip

          Wow! That's great. Checking whether I pass these (and making sure I
          do, if I don't already) is next on my agenda.

          Stig

          --
          http://code.brautaset.org
          http://blog.brautaset.org