examples of valid but "problematic" JSON?

  • Brautaset Stig
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      Do you have a piece of (valid!) JSON that some JSON parsers find
      difficult to parse? If you do, I'd love to get my hands on it.

      I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
      Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
      cases correctly.

      [0] http://code.brautaset.org/JSON/

      Stig
      --
      http://blog.brautaset.org
      http://code.brautaset.org

    • Henrik Hjelte
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
        On 10/3/07, Brautaset Stig <stig@...> wrote:

        > Do you have a piece of (valid!) JSON that some JSON parsers find
        > difficult to parse? If you do, I'd love to get my hands on it.
        >
        > I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
        > Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
        > cases correctly.

        The Json checker contains testcases you can use. If all tests pass, I
        would be confident that everything works ok.

        Get the testcases here: http://www.json.org/JSON_checker/test.zip

        /Henrik Hjelte
      • Gaetano Giunta
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
          I tested php json parsers using the test cases you can find here:
          http://gggeek.altervista.org/sw/article_20070425.html

          I personally prefer the parser to accept not only valid json strings,
          but all things that browsers accept as valid to build javascript anon
          objects.

          Gaetano

          > Do you have a piece of (valid!) JSON that some JSON parsers find
          > difficult to parse? If you do, I'd love to get my hands on it.
          >
          > I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
          > Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
          > cases correctly.
          >
          > [0] http://code.brautaset.org/JSON/ <http://code.brautaset.org/JSON/>
          >
          > Stig
          > --
          > http://blog.brautaset.org <http://blog.brautaset.org>
          > http://code.brautaset.org <http://code.brautaset.org>

        • Stig Brautaset
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
            Hi Henrik,

            On 3 Oct 2007, at 15:00, Henrik Hjelte wrote:
            > On 10/3/07, Brautaset Stig <stig@...> wrote:
            >> I'm writing a JSON framework[0] in Objective-C for use in Cocoa on
            >> Mac OS X and I want your help to make sure that I'm handling all
            >> cases correctly.
            >
            > The Json checker contains testcases you can use. If all tests pass, I
            > would be confident that everything works ok.
            >
            > Get the testcases here: http://www.json.org/JSON_checker/test.zip

            Wow! That's great. Checking whether I pass these (and making sure I
            do, if I don't already) is next on my agenda.

            Stig

            --
            http://code.brautaset.org
            http://blog.brautaset.org