json.js

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 19 7:58 AM
      The toJSONString methods can now take an optional whitelist parameter,
      an array of strings. It is used to select the properties that will be
      included in the JSON text.

      http://www.json.org/json.js
    • Julian Tonti-Filippini
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
        I wanted to modify json.js to add RegExp support so I added the following:

        RegExp.prototype.toJSONString = function () {
        return this.toString().toJSONString();
        };

        ...and found that it didn't work under Firefox because the typeof
        RegExp is 'function' rather than 'object'. This required modification
        of the switch in Object.prototype.toJSONString to add a fall-through
        case for 'function'.

        My gut tells me that there's something criminally wrong about does
        this. Can someone tell me why?

        - Julian
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
          A new version of json.js is available. It corrects a problem in
          parseJSON where it was possible to have the contents of one of the
          caller's variables included in the decoded value.

          http://www.JSON.org/json.js
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
            A design error in Firefox could allow parseJSON to include an eval
            function object in the resulting JSON object. This situation will now
            raise an exception.

            http://www.JSON.org/json.js