multiple, identical callbacks

  • Shorthouse, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 7:26 PM
      Hello folks,

      First, I'm relatively new to working with JSON so please bear with me.
      Here's the situation:

      I am attempting to use multiple callbacks all from the same provider, but of
      course, overlapped onclick events steal each other's scopes.the removeChild
      function wouldn't have yet had a chance to complete before the next onclick
      event initiates so it "steals" the contents of the callback function.

      To make sense of what I am talking about, imagine using many JSON Flickr
      callbacks in rapid succession with the hopes of having the outputs appear in
      different divisions on one page. To see what I am talking about, have a peek
      at a development page I am working on & attempt to click the search icons
      beside references by Archer between 1950 & 1958 in rapid succession on
      http://canadianarachnology.dyndns.org/data/canada_spiders/AllReferences2.asp
      . Note that the JSON provider (not Flickr of course) is still working on his
      JSON-generating function, so please stick to those references to fire the
      onclick call.other onclicks to call the provider may return XML instead of
      JSON. Note also that the above URL will return a 404 once I figure out how
      best to do this. I guess what I'm after is a method to alert the user to
      wait for a callback to complete before he/she attempts to initiate a second
      one because the removeChild wouldn't have yet had a chance to clear the
      callback function from their browser page's head section. Is this at all
      possible?

      Any help would be most appreciated,

      David P. Shorthouse

      Department of Biological Sciences