Re: [json] [question] parse json with ajax

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
      On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:

      > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
      > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}

      That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:

      1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
      2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.

      See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.

      how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?

    • genzoeri
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
        I will use this for my AJAX. Using responsetext properties from XHR.
        :) ok,then how to parse, {"depth1":{"depth2":{"depth3":"content"}}} ??
        btw, thank you for your response. I am glad, I am on the right place.
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Cooper" <mfncooper@...> wrote:

        > On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
        > > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}
        >

        > That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:
        >
        > 1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
        > 2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.
        >
        > See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.
        >
        > --
        > Martin Cooper
        >

        > how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mark Ireland
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
          Key names must be quoted and cant start with a number?Is that right?To: json@yahoogroups.comFrom: mfncooper@...: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:11:32 -0700Subject: Re: [json] [question] parse json with ajax

          On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:

          > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
          > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}

          That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:

          1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
          2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.

          See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.

          how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?

        • Michal Migurski
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
            On Aug 14, 2007, at 11:34 PM, genzoeri wrote:
            > I will use this for my AJAX. Using responsetext properties from XHR.
            > :) ok,then how to parse, {"depth1":{"depth2":{"depth3":"content"}}} ??
            > btw, thank you for your response. I am glad, I am on the right place.

            This should help:
            eval("var responsejson = (" + responsetext + ");");
            alert(responsejson['depth1']['depth2']['depth3'];

            On Aug 14, 2007, at 11:58 PM, Mark Ireland wrote:
            > Key names must be quoted and cant start with a number?Is that right?

            Yes.

            -mike.

          • Philip Tellis
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
              On 15/08/07, Michal Migurski <mike-jsonphp@...> wrote:

              > This should help:
              > eval("var responsejson = (" + responsetext + ");");
              > alert(responsejson['depth1']['depth2']['depth3'];

              Ugh, don't do that. Apart from screwing with the scope of
              responsejson, it also causes a security problem, and it's overkill.
              If you must use eval, do it this way:

              var responsejson = eval( "(" + o.responseText + ")" );

              That won't take away the security problems with eval, but it will make
              sure that responsejson is in current scope.