Re: [json] [question] parse json with ajax

  • Crzy4C
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
      well you don't get "content" using ajax. You get "content" using
      javascript...
      if that json string was assigned to a variable foo...
      var foo = {depth1 : { depth2 : {depth3 : 'content'}}};
      and you set...
      var foo1 = foo.depth1.depth2.depth3;
      then the value of foo1 would be 'content;

      Mike

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
        On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:

        > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
        > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}

        That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:

        1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
        2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.

        See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.

        how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?

      • genzoeri
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
          I will use this for my AJAX. Using responsetext properties from XHR.
          :) ok,then how to parse, {"depth1":{"depth2":{"depth3":"content"}}} ??
          btw, thank you for your response. I am glad, I am on the right place.
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Cooper" <mfncooper@...> wrote:

          > On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
          > > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}
          >

          > That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:
          >
          > 1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
          > 2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.
          >
          > See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.
          >
          > --
          > Martin Cooper
          >

          > how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mark Ireland
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 14, 2007
            Key names must be quoted and cant start with a number?Is that right?To: json@yahoogroups.comFrom: mfncooper@...: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:11:32 -0700Subject: Re: [json] [question] parse json with ajax

            On 8/14/07, genzoeri <genzoeri@...> wrote:

            > Hi,I have difficulties to parse this json
            > {depth1:{depth2:{depth3:'content'}}}

            That's not valid JSON, for two reasons:

            1) Key names are strings, and must be quoted as such.
            2) Strings must be quoted with double quotes, not single quotes.

            See http://json.org/ for the JSON specification.

            how to get the 'content'?? using ajax?

          • Michal Migurski
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
              On Aug 14, 2007, at 11:34 PM, genzoeri wrote:
              > I will use this for my AJAX. Using responsetext properties from XHR.
              > :) ok,then how to parse, {"depth1":{"depth2":{"depth3":"content"}}} ??
              > btw, thank you for your response. I am glad, I am on the right place.

              This should help:
              eval("var responsejson = (" + responsetext + ");");
              alert(responsejson['depth1']['depth2']['depth3'];

              On Aug 14, 2007, at 11:58 PM, Mark Ireland wrote:
              > Key names must be quoted and cant start with a number?Is that right?

              Yes.

              -mike.

            • Philip Tellis
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
                On 15/08/07, Michal Migurski <mike-jsonphp@...> wrote:

                > This should help:
                > eval("var responsejson = (" + responsetext + ");");
                > alert(responsejson['depth1']['depth2']['depth3'];

                Ugh, don't do that. Apart from screwing with the scope of
                responsejson, it also causes a security problem, and it's overkill.
                If you must use eval, do it this way:

                var responsejson = eval( "(" + o.responseText + ")" );

                That won't take away the security problems with eval, but it will make
                sure that responsejson is in current scope.