json.js

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
      I changed the way that json.js calls the hasOwnProperty method. A
      design flaw in JavaScript causes hasOwnProperty to fail when an object
      contains a property called "hasOwnProperty".

      http://json.org/json.js
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 19, 2007
        The toJSONString methods can now take an optional whitelist parameter,
        an array of strings. It is used to select the properties that will be
        included in the JSON text.

        http://www.json.org/json.js
      • Julian Tonti-Filippini
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
          I wanted to modify json.js to add RegExp support so I added the following:

          RegExp.prototype.toJSONString = function () {
          return this.toString().toJSONString();
          };

          ...and found that it didn't work under Firefox because the typeof
          RegExp is 'function' rather than 'object'. This required modification
          of the switch in Object.prototype.toJSONString to add a fall-through
          case for 'function'.

          My gut tells me that there's something criminally wrong about does
          this. Can someone tell me why?

          - Julian
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
            A new version of json.js is available. It corrects a problem in
            parseJSON where it was possible to have the contents of one of the
            caller's variables included in the decoded value.

            http://www.JSON.org/json.js
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
              A design error in Firefox could allow parseJSON to include an eval
              function object in the resulting JSON object. This situation will now
              raise an exception.

              http://www.JSON.org/json.js