json.js

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5 1:25 PM
      I changed the way that json.js calls the hasOwnProperty method. A
      design flaw in JavaScript causes hasOwnProperty to fail when an object
      contains a property called "hasOwnProperty".

      http://json.org/json.js
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 19 7:58 AM
        The toJSONString methods can now take an optional whitelist parameter,
        an array of strings. It is used to select the properties that will be
        included in the JSON text.

        http://www.json.org/json.js
      • Julian Tonti-Filippini
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
          I wanted to modify json.js to add RegExp support so I added the following:

          RegExp.prototype.toJSONString = function () {
          return this.toString().toJSONString();
          };

          ...and found that it didn't work under Firefox because the typeof
          RegExp is 'function' rather than 'object'. This required modification
          of the switch in Object.prototype.toJSONString to add a fall-through
          case for 'function'.

          My gut tells me that there's something criminally wrong about does
          this. Can someone tell me why?

          - Julian
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
            A new version of json.js is available. It corrects a problem in
            parseJSON where it was possible to have the contents of one of the
            caller's variables included in the decoded value.

            http://www.JSON.org/json.js
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
              A design error in Firefox could allow parseJSON to include an eval
              function object in the resulting JSON object. This situation will now
              raise an exception.

              http://www.JSON.org/json.js