json.js

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
      The json.js reference implementation now produces date strings in the
      ISO Z format, in anticipation of the addition of
      Date.prototype.toISOString to ECMAScript.

      http://www.JSON.org/json.js
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
        I changed the way that json.js calls the hasOwnProperty method. A
        design flaw in JavaScript causes hasOwnProperty to fail when an object
        contains a property called "hasOwnProperty".

        http://json.org/json.js
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 19, 2007
          The toJSONString methods can now take an optional whitelist parameter,
          an array of strings. It is used to select the properties that will be
          included in the JSON text.

          http://www.json.org/json.js
        • Julian Tonti-Filippini
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
            I wanted to modify json.js to add RegExp support so I added the following:

            RegExp.prototype.toJSONString = function () {
            return this.toString().toJSONString();
            };

            ...and found that it didn't work under Firefox because the typeof
            RegExp is 'function' rather than 'object'. This required modification
            of the switch in Object.prototype.toJSONString to add a fall-through
            case for 'function'.

            My gut tells me that there's something criminally wrong about does
            this. Can someone tell me why?

            - Julian
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
              A new version of json.js is available. It corrects a problem in
              parseJSON where it was possible to have the contents of one of the
              caller's variables included in the decoded value.

              http://www.JSON.org/json.js
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
                A design error in Firefox could allow parseJSON to include an eval
                function object in the resulting JSON object. This situation will now
                raise an exception.

                http://www.JSON.org/json.js