json.js

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 11, 2007
      Alistair Braidwood suggested a way to make toJSONString 25% faster by
      improving the way it handles commas.

      http://www.JSON.org/json.js
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
        The json.js reference implementation now produces date strings in the
        ISO Z format, in anticipation of the addition of
        Date.prototype.toISOString to ECMAScript.

        http://www.JSON.org/json.js
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
          I changed the way that json.js calls the hasOwnProperty method. A
          design flaw in JavaScript causes hasOwnProperty to fail when an object
          contains a property called "hasOwnProperty".

          http://json.org/json.js
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 19, 2007
            The toJSONString methods can now take an optional whitelist parameter,
            an array of strings. It is used to select the properties that will be
            included in the JSON text.

            http://www.json.org/json.js
          • Julian Tonti-Filippini
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
              I wanted to modify json.js to add RegExp support so I added the following:

              RegExp.prototype.toJSONString = function () {
              return this.toString().toJSONString();
              };

              ...and found that it didn't work under Firefox because the typeof
              RegExp is 'function' rather than 'object'. This required modification
              of the switch in Object.prototype.toJSONString to add a fall-through
              case for 'function'.

              My gut tells me that there's something criminally wrong about does
              this. Can someone tell me why?

              - Julian
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
                A new version of json.js is available. It corrects a problem in
                parseJSON where it was possible to have the contents of one of the
                caller's variables included in the decoded value.

                http://www.JSON.org/json.js
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
                  A design error in Firefox could allow parseJSON to include an eval
                  function object in the resulting JSON object. This situation will now
                  raise an exception.

                  http://www.JSON.org/json.js