Re: [json] Re: JSON -- rfc question -- Encoding

  • Michael Schwarz
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
      Hi,

      currently I have only something like \r, \n or \t, are those chars
      allowed? Which control chars are you talking about? Thanks a lot.

      Michael

      --
      Best regards | Schöne Grüße
      Michael

      http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/
      http://www.ajaxpro.info/

      WPF/E: http://groups.google.com/group/wpf-everywhere

      Skype: callto:schwarz-interactive
      MSN IM: passport@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
        wrote:

        > currently I have only something like \r, \n or \t, are those chars
        > allowed? Which control chars are you talking about? Thanks a lot.

        None of the control characters can appear in JSON strings. You can use
        the \u convention to represent them. A few of them, such as linefeed
        and tab, have more compact representations such as \n and \t. Take
        your pick.