Re: JSON -- rfc question -- Encoding

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14 6:45 AM
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schwarz" <michael.schwarz@...>
      wrote:

      > I have one more question, do I need to convert unicode characters to
      > something like "\u12345"?

      No. The \u notation is only required for some of the control characters.
    • Michael Schwarz
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14 2:59 PM
        Hi,

        currently I have only something like \r, \n or \t, are those chars
        allowed? Which control chars are you talking about? Thanks a lot.

        Michael

        --
        Best regards | Schöne Grüße
        Michael

        http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/
        http://www.ajaxpro.info/

        WPF/E: http://groups.google.com/group/wpf-everywhere

        Skype: callto:schwarz-interactive
        MSN IM: passport@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14 3:26 PM
          wrote:

          > currently I have only something like \r, \n or \t, are those chars
          > allowed? Which control chars are you talking about? Thanks a lot.

          None of the control characters can appear in JSON strings. You can use
          the \u convention to represent them. A few of them, such as linefeed
          and tab, have more compact representations such as \n and \t. Take
          your pick.