An Introduction to JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) in JavaScript and .NET

  • Atif Aziz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      Back in December, I co-authored an introductory article on JSON together with Scott Mitchell [1]. I finally got news this week that it has gone live and available over at:

      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb299886.aspx

      The article takes a cursory look at JSON, its origins and then its application within JavaScript followed by C#. There won't much news in there for those who have been working with JSON for a while now, but I wanted to nevertheless drop this note in case future travelers come by looking to venture into this land.

      Since someone considering JSON for the first time is always going to pop the question about its merits over XML, we also included an objective comparison of the two in a tabular fashion so that the reader can form a basis for his or her decision. The direct link to the pertaining section is:

      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb299886.aspx#intro_to_json_topic3

      - Atif

      [1] http://scottonwriting.net/sowblog/posts/11878.aspx