Re: question json.js

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2007
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raphael Fuentes <joshuarpf@...> wrote:

      > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I
      was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js
      from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no
      problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the
      function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is
      where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out
      of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.
      What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is
      better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's
      just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

      > Here's a sample of what I did..
      >

      > var jsonObj = {};
      > jsonObj.name = "myname";
      > jsonObj.email = "myemail"
      >
      > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());

      I see this example working correctly on IE and Firefox.

      JSON, by definition, does not serialize cyclical structures. Are you
      attempting to serialize a cyclical structure, such as a DOM element?
    • Joshua Raphael Fuentes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2007
        thanks for the tip man.. but I just recently noticed that it happens when I use prototype.js from this scriptaculous framework. Right now, I am using the old version of json.js, which didn't give me any problems at all.

        have you tried using json.js with prototype.js? prototype.js is a cool framework to use though

        ROCK n ROLL REBEL

        > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I

        was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js

        from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no

        problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the

        function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString" . Now this is

        where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out

        of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.

        What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is

        better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's

        just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

        > Here's a sample of what I did..

        > var jsonObj = {};

        > jsonObj.name = "myname";

        > jsonObj.email = "myemail"

        > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONStrin g());

        > --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

        Premature standardization, that's how come. See

        http://javascript. crockford. com/remedial. html

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{