Re: question json.js

  • george.jempty
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2007
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raphael Fuentes <joshuarpf@...> wrote:

      > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I
      was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js
      from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no
      problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the
      function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is
      where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out
      of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.
      What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is
      better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's
      just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

      > Here's a sample of what I did..
      >

      > var jsonObj = {};
      > jsonObj.name = "myname";
      > jsonObj.email = "myemail"
      >
      > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());
      >
      > --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

      Premature standardization, that's how come. See
      http://javascript.crockford.com/remedial.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2007
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raphael Fuentes <joshuarpf@...> wrote:

        > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I
        was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js
        from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no
        problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the
        function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is
        where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out
        of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.
        What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is
        better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's
        just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

        > Here's a sample of what I did..
        >

        > var jsonObj = {};
        > jsonObj.name = "myname";
        > jsonObj.email = "myemail"
        >
        > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());

        I see this example working correctly on IE and Firefox.

        JSON, by definition, does not serialize cyclical structures. Are you
        attempting to serialize a cyclical structure, such as a DOM element?
      • Joshua Raphael Fuentes
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2007
          thanks for the tip man.. but I just recently noticed that it happens when I use prototype.js from this scriptaculous framework. Right now, I am using the old version of json.js, which didn't give me any problems at all.

          have you tried using json.js with prototype.js? prototype.js is a cool framework to use though

          ROCK n ROLL REBEL

          > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I

          was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js

          from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no

          problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the

          function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString" . Now this is

          where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out

          of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.

          What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is

          better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's

          just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

          > Here's a sample of what I did..

          > var jsonObj = {};

          > jsonObj.name = "myname";

          > jsonObj.email = "myemail"

          > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONStrin g());

          > --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

          Premature standardization, that's how come. See

          http://javascript. crockford. com/remedial. html

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{