question json.js

  • Joshua Raphael Fuentes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15 7:23 PM
      I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error. What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

      Here's a sample of what I did..

      var jsonObj = {};
      jsonObj.name = "myname";
      jsonObj.email = "myemail"

      alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());

      --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

      ROCK n ROLL REBEL

    • george.jempty
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16 3:28 AM
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raphael Fuentes <joshuarpf@...> wrote:

        > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I
        was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js
        from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no
        problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the
        function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is
        where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out
        of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.
        What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is
        better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's
        just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

        > Here's a sample of what I did..
        >

        > var jsonObj = {};
        > jsonObj.name = "myname";
        > jsonObj.email = "myemail"
        >
        > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());
        >
        > --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

        Premature standardization, that's how come. See
        http://javascript.crockford.com/remedial.html
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16 7:10 AM
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raphael Fuentes <joshuarpf@...> wrote:

          > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I
          was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js
          from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no
          problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the
          function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString". Now this is
          where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out
          of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.
          What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is
          better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's
          just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

          > Here's a sample of what I did..
          >

          > var jsonObj = {};
          > jsonObj.name = "myname";
          > jsonObj.email = "myemail"
          >
          > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONString());

          I see this example working correctly on IE and Firefox.

          JSON, by definition, does not serialize cyclical structures. Are you
          attempting to serialize a cyclical structure, such as a DOM element?
        • Joshua Raphael Fuentes
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23 6:52 AM
            thanks for the tip man.. but I just recently noticed that it happens when I use prototype.js from this scriptaculous framework. Right now, I am using the old version of json.js, which didn't give me any problems at all.

            have you tried using json.js with prototype.js? prototype.js is a cool framework to use though

            ROCK n ROLL REBEL

            > I have been using json for quite some time now. But just recently, I

            was starting a new project, and downloaded a new version of json.js

            from www.json.org. The previous json framework that I used had no

            problem at all, but I thought of upgrading. Changes includes the

            function calls , chaging "stringify" to ".toJSONString" . Now this is

            where I am having problems with. I tried to create a json string out

            of javascript object, and it gave me a "too much recursion" error.

            What is this? how do I fix this ? would this mean that the old json is

            better than the new one? I had no problems using the old one, but it's

            just that the updated version seem to have a bug on this.

            > Here's a sample of what I did..

            > var jsonObj = {};

            > jsonObj.name = "myname";

            > jsonObj.email = "myemail"

            > alert ("TEST:" + jsonObj.toJSONStrin g());

            > --------- NOW THIS WILL GIVE ME too much recursion .. HOW COME?

            Premature standardization, that's how come. See

            http://javascript. crockford. com/remedial. html

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{