Re: [json] Re: SQL for JSON?

  • Anand Sadasivam
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi,

      Check out this...

      http://trimpath.com/project/wiki/TrimQuery

      you can see the demo right here...
      http://trimpath.com/demos/test1/trimpath/query_demo.html .

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,
      Anand.S

      --
      Anand.S
      anand.sadasivam@...

    • Alexey Luchkovsky
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1 2:41 AM
        TrimQuery solution is right pretty, but.... not for tree-based
        structures.

        Visitor pattern and XPATH on XML realy designed for tree.
        Before I decide on Visitor I have seen JavaScript XPATH library
        written by Steffen Meschkat <mesch@...>. It's realy titanic
        solution, but it's designed for XML.

        Enter Visitor:
        function visit(aTree, anAcceptor, aVisitProcessor)

        I proceed from the assumption:
        - 90% tasks are based on search by equals or like.
        - 10% tasks can be realized by custom "acceptor" and/or custom "visit
        processor"

        Moreover, Visitor allowed to modify tree so well as search from them.
        For example, I can design code, that removed from JSON data structure
        all persons whose birth day arrived on full Moon (20 lines of code).

        Java Visitor on Tree vs. Events named Digester
        http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/

        Resume:
        Of course Visitor is not competed with SQL (especially on server with
        indexes, cache etc), Visitor is not a rival for XPATH on XML.

        TrimQuery solution is very good and very helpful, but for JSON
        JsonTools is preffered more...
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsontools.

        Regards, Alexey Luchkovsky

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Anand Sadasivam" <anand.sadasivam@...>