JSON / JAVA convertion API

  • zakasbanda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hi Guys

      I am really new to AJAX/JSON world. This is the first time
      we are trying to use DOJO/JSON in our application. We would like to
      keep the
      JSON/JAVA conversion layer seperate from the rest of the application
      so that we have some
      flexibility in terms of switching to other transport techniques.

      1. Are there APIs available that can generate JSON <=> JAVA
      conversion layer (back & forth)
      as per some shema (JSON or XML)?

      2. I have looked at JSONSerializer in JSON-RPC lib but I am missing
      something here:

      JSONSerializer serializer = new JSONSerializer();
      try {
      //System.out.println (serializer.toJSON("Namaste"));
      System.out.println (serializer.toJSON("Namste"));
      } catch (MarshallException e) {
      // TODO Auto-generated catch block
      e.printStackTrace();
      }

      throws com.metaparadigm.jsonrpc.MarshallException: can't marshall
      java.lang.String

      What is that I am missing? Can you point me to some documentation ?

      Thanks.