About parsing

  • shiju pc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hi Memebers of JSON,

      Thnk you for your kind response.

      But I am strugging on the same problem..

      My File is something like that

      {"bindings": [
      {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "newURI", "regex": "^http://.*"},
      {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "deleteURI", "regex": "^delete.*"},
      {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "randomURI", "regex": "^random.*"}
      ]
      };

      I am very much able to display the nested objects.

      Its like that

      alert(bindings[0].method)

      //newURI..output

      But in generalize 'bindings[0]' and 'method' are hardcoded..

      Here is the main problem arise.

      How to parse these type of files into any of the format..?

      So please post your suggestions regarding the problem..

      Thanks
      Shiju p.c

    • shalini israni
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
        I don't know if u looked at this http://www.json.org/json.js ....copy and
        paste this full thing into a file named json.js and this link
        http://snipplr.com/view/1031/json-parser/ shows how to use it....
        i maybe wrong because i havent read it properly...but i think it might help
        u....

        On 1/19/07, shiju pc <shijupc123@...> wrote:

        > Hi Memebers of JSON,
        >
        > Thnk you for your kind response.
        >
        > But I am strugging on the same problem..
        >
        > My File is something like that
        >
        > {"bindings": [
        > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "newURI", "regex": "^http://.*"},
        > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "deleteURI", "regex": "^delete.*"},
        > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "randomURI", "regex": "^random.*"}
        > ]
        > };
        >
        > I am very much able to display the nested objects.
        >
        > Its like that
        >
        > alert(bindings[0].method)
        >
        > //newURI..output
        >
        > But in generalize 'bindings[0]' and 'method' are hardcoded..
        >
        > Here is the main problem arise.
        >
        > How to parse these type of files into any of the format..?
        >
        > So please post your suggestions regarding the problem..
        >
        > Thanks
        > Shiju p.c

        Shalini

      • luchkovsky
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "shalini israni" <shaliny.i@...> wrote:

          > I don't know if u looked at this http://www.json.org/json.js
          ....copy and
          > paste this full thing into a file named json.js and this link
          > http://snipplr.com/view/1031/json-parser/ shows how to use it....
          > i maybe wrong because i havent read it properly...but i think it
          might help
          > u....
          >
          > On 1/19/07, shiju pc <shijupc123@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Memebers of JSON,
          > >
          > > Thnk you for your kind response.
          > >
          > > But I am strugging on the same problem..
          > >
          > > My File is something like that
          > >
          > > {"bindings": [
          > > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "newURI", "regex": "^http://.*"},
          > > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "deleteURI", "regex": "^delete.*"},
          > > {"ircEvent": "PRIVMSG", "method": "randomURI", "regex": "^random.*"}
          > > ]
          > > };
          > >
          > > I am very much able to display the nested objects.
          > >
          > > Its like that
          > >
          > > alert(bindings[0].method)
          > >
          > > //newURI..output
          > >
          > > But in generalize 'bindings[0]' and 'method' are hardcoded..
          > >
          > > Here is the main problem arise.
          > >
          > > How to parse these type of files into any of the format..?
          > >
          > > So please post your suggestions regarding the problem..
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Shiju p.c

          > Shalini

          Please try JsonTools http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsontools v1.01.
          JsonTools include decisions for most frequent tasks with JSON model,
          one of them: fast dynamic safe get value method for JSON model.

          new JsonTools().getValue(object,"bindings[0].method")