Re: [json] JSON parser

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
      On 1/18/07, shiju pc <shijupc123@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends of JSON group memebers,
      >
      > I have a problem in JSON.
      >
      > We know that each JSON files contains object followed with Name:Value
      > pairs.
      >
      > My problem is to how to parse this JSON file..?
      >
      > Is any parser avilable..?

      Please tell us where you have already looked, so that we don't repeat them
      for you. You have done a Google search, right? And looked on the JSON home
      page? And *none* of those work for you?

      Is any thurid party tools avilable for parsing../

      > IF any body knows the remedy of my problem plz mail me to
      > shijupc123@... immediately
      >

      > Thanksfully
      > shiju pc

    • Jesse Skinner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
        shiju pc wrote:
        > Anyway I am looking for a good parser for JSON files.
        > I am expecting the code for the parser in Javscript.

        If you're looking for a JSON parser written in JavaScript, nothing beats
        the eval() function. For example:

        var json = '{"one": "foo", "two": "bar"}';

        var object = eval('(' + json + ')'); // parses the string into an object

        alert(object.one); // alerts "foo"

        Hope that helps,

        Jesse Skinner
        http://www.thefutureoftheweb.com
      • shalini israni
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
          Go with the Javascript eval() function.... i think that is your answer....

          On 1/18/07, shiju pc <shijupc123@...> wrote:

          > hi Friends,
          >
          > Thanks for your response..
          >
          > I checked the link you have send earlier.
          > Thanks for your help.
          > Anyway I am looking for a good parser for JSON files.
          > I am expecting the code for the parser in Javscript.
          >
          > If you have an idea please send to me immediately.
          > That will help me well
          >
          > Thanks
          > Shijupc
          >

          > shalini israni <shaliny.i@... <shaliny.i%40gmail.com>> wrote:
          > http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/googlemaps/basic12.htm
          > http://www.developer.com/lang/jscript/article.php/10939_3596836_1
          >
          > above links may help u...
          > Also, If u are retrieving the content of this file in a string (say ur
          > file
          > is on ur server and u make an AJAX request to retrieve it) then i think
          > using the Javascript eval() function should work.....
          >
          > On 1/18/07, shiju pc <shijupc123@... <shijupc123%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear friends of JSON group memebers,
          > >
          > > I have a problem in JSON.
          > >
          > > We know that each JSON files contains object followed with Name:Value
          > > pairs.
          > >
          > > My problem is to how to parse this JSON file..?
          > >
          > > Is any parser avilable..?
          > >
          > > Is any thurid party tools avilable for parsing../
          > >
          > > IF any body knows the remedy of my problem plz mail me to
          > > shijupc123@... <shijupc123%40yahoo.com> <shijupc123%40yahoo.com>
          > immediately
          > >

          > > Thanksfully
          > > shiju pc

          > Shalini

          Shalini

        • rama_singh75
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
            Hi,
            i get data in JSON format, i want to validate or Parse my JSON data in
            ruby.

            can it be possible validate JSON data in ruby ?
            is there any JSON parser for rubyonrail to parse JSON data.
          • Mark Ireland
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
              I am wondering what people who know thieir json code make of this:

              http://www.andyscott.id.au/index.cfm/2007/3/31/CFJsonService-01Alpha-Release

              AN xml config file with the names of methods?

              Is this bloat or not? Could there be some standard methods?

              Advertisement: 10 Students. 1 Winner. You Decide
              http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fletsshop%2Ecom%2FCompetitions%2FLetsNetwork%2Ftabid%2F550%2FDefault%2Easpx&_t=754951090&_r=letsshop&_m=EXT