Characters 0x80 through 0xFF: are they valid?

  • shadowmorpher2
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
      Hi,

      I have a question about the characters 0x80 through 0xFF. These
      characters have a different meaning, depending on the codepage of the
      system. Are these characters valid in JSON, or should they be encoded
      using Unicode characters?
      Should my reader parse and accept them? Or should it flag an error?

      Koen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "shadowmorpher2" <shadowmorpher2@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a question about the characters 0x80 through 0xFF. These
        > characters have a different meaning, depending on the codepage of the
        > system. Are these characters valid in JSON, or should they be encoded
        > using Unicode characters?
        > Should my reader parse and accept them? Or should it flag an error?

        Yes they are valid, because yes, they should be encoded as Unicode
        characters.