Hello everyone!

  • canixs
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2006
      Hello all,
      This is my first post here. I am currently working on a dynamic scripts
      version of my website. I have to say this is my first javascripts using
      json format for the website that I attempt to create. I only familiar
      with php page only. I used php class to convert the xml data to json
      object on fly at the server and send it to client browser.

      My question that I have is: What is the proper way to escape the
      special charaters for json data to conform with javascripts character
      rule either at client side or server side, I would prefer server side
      since I like the best experience for visitor. I have sometime ran into
      a couple error where javascript won't
      be able to parse a json data from the server and generate the error due
      to some data string contain invalid character which javascript won't
      like.

      I would appreciate any suggestion.

      Sincerely,
      KN
    • shalini israni
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        I faced a similar problem....but i am using Java...
        http://www.json.org/javadoc/org/json/XML.html presents a class which is a
        part of a downloadable API which has an escape function...
        U can see if a similar thing is available for PHP...maybe someone faced a
        similar problem... :)

        --

        Shalini