Re: problem to sending variable.

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      > how to send javascript variables from one domain to another by JSON ?

      In the short term, you can use a technique such as this:
      http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2005/12/21/json-dynamic-script-tag.html

      Be very careful though because it is terribly insecure. It should only
      be used if you fully trust the server.

      We need a less dangerous alternative. I suggest that we should have a
      new transport mechanism like JSONRequest
      http://json.org/JSONRequest.html. If you agree, write to your favorite
      browser maker, and tell them you want JSONRequest.
    • prashant shah
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
        Thanks,
        but there i didn't find my solution. Actually i want to do some calculation in javascript file and send the value through variable. How can i set this variable to JSON value and send JSON data to other domain ?
        one more thing right now how many browsers support JSONRequest ?

        Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote:
        > how to send javascript variables from one domain to another by JSON ?

        In the short term, you can use a technique such as this:
        http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2005/12/21/json-dynamic-script-tag.html

        Be very careful though because it is terribly insecure. It should only
        be used if you fully trust the server.

        We need a less dangerous alternative. I suggest that we should have a
        new transport mechanism like JSONRequest
        http://json.org/JSONRequest.html. If you agree, write to your favorite
        browser maker, and tell them you want JSONRequest.

      • V. Karthik Kumar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
          Hi,

          What you'd ideally do is, eval() or parse the json string into a
          javascript object. Then perform changes on it.
          Then serialize it back to a string, and use XHR.

          The problem is usually that it isn't safe to send requests to another
          domain, because of cross site scripting issues.
          Because of this, most browsers don't allow you to do this by default. So
          it doesn't matter if you got the data by dyamic <script>
          generation or XHR, but sending it back will definitely be a problem.

          What i'd suggest is, keep a proxy page on your own server which forwards
          these requests to the other domain.

          Regards,
          Karthik

        • mertsakarya@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
            "Other Domain" is an issue, if you are working on internet.

            There is also a solution of creating a IFRAME. But I believe most of the members of this group doesn't favor this solution. Having a page that makes requests to other domain on server-side is a better solution.

            Mert