Re: JsonML

  • Stephen M. McKamey
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 16, 2006
      I just posted on http://jsonml.org an XSLT for generically converting
      XML to JsonML. This might help people better visualize the markup.

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Mark Miller <markm@...> wrote:

      > Douglas Crockford wrote:
      > > JsonML is an application of JSON for document markup. JSON was not
      > > designed for such applications, and is not as effective than XML
      (much
      > > as XML is less effective than JSON for data interchange). Still,
      > > JsonML might be useful for some purposes.
      > >
      > > http://jsonml.org/
      >

      > What about XML namespaces? Processing instructions? XML comments?
      >

      > --
      > Text by me above is hereby placed in the public domain
      >
      > Cheers,
      > --MarkM

    • Gaetano Giunta
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 17, 2006
        Hi all.

        I tought you might interested in the comparison of PHP json libs I posted here:
        http://gggeek.altervista.org/sw/article_20061113.html

        Any feedback is appreciated.

        Bye
        Gaetano Giunta
      • Stephen M. McKamey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 22, 2007
          I just updated the JsonML UI builder script to allow a filter
          callback similar to the JSON filter. The usefulness here is that as
          a DOM tree is built out from a JsonML structure, each node can be
          either filtered or modified before it is returned. This is an easy
          way to attach unobtrusive javascript and Ajax hooks.

          http://jsonml.org

          Thanks,
          smm

          P.S. I plan to have some examples soon.