Re: JSON Schema

  • graham615
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2006
      I am looking to do the same thing. I am looking at Gold Parser. I
      need to get a BNF description of JSON. Gold parser will create the
      parse tables then the engine will use this to validate and parse the
      input. Anyone have BNF for JSON?

      Graham............

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan
      <prathapnirmal@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the reply Cheenu,
      > But I am looking for a simple validator. Say I write a schema, pass
      > the json data and the schema to a validator written in any language ->
      > which returns a result whether the data is valid or not. If not valid,
      > what is the error?
      >
      > Thanks
      > ~
      > Prathap
      >
      > Cheenu wrote:
      > >
      > > Last week somebody had posted this
      > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533
      > >
      > > You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.
      > >
      > > Cheenu
      > >
      > > On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...
      > > <mailto:prathapnirmal%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
      > > > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON
      data and
      > > > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is
      most of
      > > > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
      > > > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
      > > > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any
      > > directions?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > ~
      > > > Prathap

    • kriszyp
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
        I have been working on putting together a proposal for a JSON Schema. I
        have been collaborating with some others, but I wanted to elicit
        feedback, input, and suggestions from the JSON group. The current
        proposal which is definitely still a work in progress is at:
        http://www.json.com/json-schema-proposal/
        and some questions/issues are at:
        http://www.json.com/2007/10/02/json-schema-proposal-rfc/

        JSON Schema is a specification for a JSON-based format for defining the
        structure of JSON data. JSON Schema provides a contract for what JSON
        data is required for a given application and how it can be modified,
        much like what XML Schema provides for XML. JSON Schema is intended to
        provide validation, documentation, and interaction control of JSON data.
      • Kris Zyp
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
          For those interested, JSON Schema has been submitted as an Internet
          Draft to the IETF:
          http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema-01

          -- Kris Zyp SitePen (503) 806-1841 http://sitepen.com