Re: [json] JSON Schema

  • Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
      Thanks for the reply Cheenu,
      But I am looking for a simple validator. Say I write a schema, pass
      the json data and the schema to a validator written in any language ->
      which returns a result whether the data is valid or not. If not valid,
      what is the error?

      Thanks
      ~
      Prathap

      Cheenu wrote:

      > Last week somebody had posted this
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533
      >
      > You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.
      >
      > Cheenu
      >
      > On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...
      > <mailto:prathapnirmal%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
      > > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON data and
      > > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is most of
      > > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
      > > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
      > > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any
      > directions?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > ~
      > > Prathap

    • graham615
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2006
        I am looking to do the same thing. I am looking at Gold Parser. I
        need to get a BNF description of JSON. Gold parser will create the
        parse tables then the engine will use this to validate and parse the
        input. Anyone have BNF for JSON?

        Graham............

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan
        <prathapnirmal@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the reply Cheenu,
        > But I am looking for a simple validator. Say I write a schema, pass
        > the json data and the schema to a validator written in any language ->
        > which returns a result whether the data is valid or not. If not valid,
        > what is the error?
        >
        > Thanks
        > ~
        > Prathap
        >
        > Cheenu wrote:
        > >
        > > Last week somebody had posted this
        > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533
        > >
        > > You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.
        > >
        > > Cheenu
        > >
        > > On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...
        > > <mailto:prathapnirmal%40gmail.com>> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi All,
        > > > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
        > > > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON
        data and
        > > > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is
        most of
        > > > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
        > > > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
        > > > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any
        > > directions?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > > ~
        > > > Prathap

      • kriszyp
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
          I have been working on putting together a proposal for a JSON Schema. I
          have been collaborating with some others, but I wanted to elicit
          feedback, input, and suggestions from the JSON group. The current
          proposal which is definitely still a work in progress is at:
          http://www.json.com/json-schema-proposal/
          and some questions/issues are at:
          http://www.json.com/2007/10/02/json-schema-proposal-rfc/

          JSON Schema is a specification for a JSON-based format for defining the
          structure of JSON data. JSON Schema provides a contract for what JSON
          data is required for a given application and how it can be modified,
          much like what XML Schema provides for XML. JSON Schema is intended to
          provide validation, documentation, and interaction control of JSON data.
        • Kris Zyp
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
            For those interested, JSON Schema has been submitted as an Internet
            Draft to the IETF:
            http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema-01

            -- Kris Zyp SitePen (503) 806-1841 http://sitepen.com