Re: [json] JSON Schema

  • Cheenu
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
      Last week somebody had posted this
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533

      You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.

      Cheenu

      On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
      > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON data and
      > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is most of
      > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
      > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
      > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any directions?
      >
      > Thanks
      > ~
      > Prathap

    • Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
        Thanks for the reply Cheenu,
        But I am looking for a simple validator. Say I write a schema, pass
        the json data and the schema to a validator written in any language ->
        which returns a result whether the data is valid or not. If not valid,
        what is the error?

        Thanks
        ~
        Prathap

        Cheenu wrote:

        > Last week somebody had posted this
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533
        >
        > You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.
        >
        > Cheenu
        >
        > On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...
        > <mailto:prathapnirmal%40gmail.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
        > > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON data and
        > > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is most of
        > > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
        > > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
        > > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any
        > directions?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > ~
        > > Prathap

      • graham615
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2006
          I am looking to do the same thing. I am looking at Gold Parser. I
          need to get a BNF description of JSON. Gold parser will create the
          parse tables then the engine will use this to validate and parse the
          input. Anyone have BNF for JSON?

          Graham............

          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan
          <prathapnirmal@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the reply Cheenu,
          > But I am looking for a simple validator. Say I write a schema, pass
          > the json data and the schema to a validator written in any language ->
          > which returns a result whether the data is valid or not. If not valid,
          > what is the error?
          >
          > Thanks
          > ~
          > Prathap
          >
          > Cheenu wrote:
          > >
          > > Last week somebody had posted this
          > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/message/533
          > >
          > > You can also use the JSON Api's for various languages as validators.
          > >
          > > Cheenu
          > >
          > > On 10/16/06, Pradhap Nirmal Natarajan <prathapnirmal@...
          > > <mailto:prathapnirmal%40gmail.com>> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi All,
          > > > I am wondering if there is anything called as JSON Schema and a
          > > > validator to validate my JSON data. I use a lot of nested JSON
          data and
          > > > it takes more time to find out the problem in my apps, which is
          most of
          > > > the times *key name mismatches* in the data sent from server or the
          > > > javascript code that uses it. It will be great if we can have some
          > > > schema and validator. Is there anything available already? Any
          > > directions?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > > ~
          > > > Prathap

        • kriszyp
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
            I have been working on putting together a proposal for a JSON Schema. I
            have been collaborating with some others, but I wanted to elicit
            feedback, input, and suggestions from the JSON group. The current
            proposal which is definitely still a work in progress is at:
            http://www.json.com/json-schema-proposal/
            and some questions/issues are at:
            http://www.json.com/2007/10/02/json-schema-proposal-rfc/

            JSON Schema is a specification for a JSON-based format for defining the
            structure of JSON data. JSON Schema provides a contract for what JSON
            data is required for a given application and how it can be modified,
            much like what XML Schema provides for XML. JSON Schema is intended to
            provide validation, documentation, and interaction control of JSON data.
          • Kris Zyp
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
              For those interested, JSON Schema has been submitted as an Internet
              Draft to the IETF:
              http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema-01

              -- Kris Zyp SitePen (503) 806-1841 http://sitepen.com