How can I "get" the posted JSon object?

  • imran_aziz_ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2006
      I made a dynamic json object at run time in a web page via JScript.
      Contructed in a js for loop. The I parse it. Now I'm posting it to
      another page via jQuery like

      $.post('/test/Imran/JSon/jsonpost.asp', jsonData)

      jsonData = parsed JSon object.

      Now, how to "get" that posted json object in 2nd page?

      There's getJson from JQuery. but that "gets" a statically js page. I'm
      gernerating it dynamically and I want to "post" it, not "get" it.

      Any suggestions, or is it a jquery question?
    • Mert Sakarya
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2006
        You are posting your data to a server-side page (asp in your example),
        so you need a JSON parser written for that technology.

        If your ASP pages are written with javascript then you have no problem,
        you can use the same code you use on the client-side.

        If it is VBScript, you should write one or find another way.

        By the way writing ASP pages with Javascript is a cool technique, you
        can use the same code on both sides if it is generic enough.

        Regards,

        Mert

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2006
          If I remember right, Microsoft has a means of sharing objects between
          VBscript and Jscript in IE (and any other Active Scripting language),
          so in theory you could use Jscript to parse JSON (probably a good
          idea) ... but otherwise you are on your own in figuring this out.