Re: AJAJ?

  • jemptymethod
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8 10:02 AM
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "George" <georgenava@y...> wrote:
      > No need to rename it, as I have always said, AJAX goes for Async
      JSON
      > And XUL
      >
      > http://www.georgenava.com/applauncher.php
      >
      > pure JSON and XUL, nothing else...

      George, you ought to contribute your alternative meaning for the AJAX
      acronym to the wikipedia's entry for the same ;)
    • Dale
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9 6:04 AM
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "George" <georgenava@y...> wrote:
        > No need to rename it, as I have always said, AJAX goes for Async
        > JSON And XUL

        Unless someone has finally written the XUL HTC for IE or an XSLT for
        XUL for non-Gecko browsers, XUL is too non-standard and niche for my
        needs.

        Interesting thought though is to pass a JSON structure and have it
        interpreted to XUL on the fly... I have done that with JS-to-HTML and
        XML-to-HTML (without XSLT). The lighter weight of JSON and its
        representation in memory makes it better suited than XML, that is for
        sure.
      • schwarz_interactive
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 22 11:27 PM
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Dale" <code_ronin@y...> wrote:
          > Anyone using JSON as a replacement for XML in an AJAX-like project?

          Yes, I do, have a look at http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/.

          CIAO
          Michael