Re: [json] can u post json data to crossDomain server page without xmlhttpObject?

  • Michal Migurski
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19 10:21 AM
      The only sense in which JSON "avoids" Ajax, is that it's not XML
      ("Ajaj"?). JSON is just a format for your data, you still need to
      move it around using the same mechanisms provided by browsers such as
      the terribly misnamed XmlHttpRequest or whatever. All the usual
      methods and techniques used in Ajax apply, except the hassle of
      parsing and building XML messages.

      -mike.

      On Aug 19, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Bhasker wrote:

      > i know u can read json data with the dynamic script tag.But can i post
      > json crossDomain without xmlhttpObject? Evvvery link i go,they either
      > talk about only webservices (reading json data) or other forms of
      > strictly 'reading' json data. what about posting ? if people say you
      > an avoid ajax with json ,why is that you still need xmlhttprequest
      > object to 'send ' json data .
      > PS:i dont want to send via a quertystring . any other options ?
      >
      > Keep CLicking,
      > BHasker V Kode

    • potatono
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 10:32 AM
        Not entirely true. You can use JSON and dynamically created script
        tags to get around cross site scripting limitations. I think the
        question here was can you use HTTP POST with this technique, and the
        answer is no. You can only HTTP GET with dynamically created script tags.