can u post json data to crossDomain server page without xmlhttpObject?

  • Bhasker
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19 9:57 AM
      i know u can read json data with the dynamic script tag.But can i post
      json crossDomain without xmlhttpObject? Evvvery link i go,they either
      talk about only webservices (reading json data) or other forms of
      strictly 'reading' json data. what about posting ? if people say you
      an avoid ajax with json ,why is that you still need xmlhttprequest
      object to 'send ' json data .
      PS:i dont want to send via a quertystring . any other options ?

      Keep CLicking,
      BHasker V Kode
    • Michal Migurski
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 10:21 AM
        The only sense in which JSON "avoids" Ajax, is that it's not XML
        ("Ajaj"?). JSON is just a format for your data, you still need to
        move it around using the same mechanisms provided by browsers such as
        the terribly misnamed XmlHttpRequest or whatever. All the usual
        methods and techniques used in Ajax apply, except the hassle of
        parsing and building XML messages.

        -mike.

        On Aug 19, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Bhasker wrote:

        > i know u can read json data with the dynamic script tag.But can i post
        > json crossDomain without xmlhttpObject? Evvvery link i go,they either
        > talk about only webservices (reading json data) or other forms of
        > strictly 'reading' json data. what about posting ? if people say you
        > an avoid ajax with json ,why is that you still need xmlhttprequest
        > object to 'send ' json data .
        > PS:i dont want to send via a quertystring . any other options ?
        >
        > Keep CLicking,
        > BHasker V Kode

      • potatono
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19 10:32 AM
          Not entirely true. You can use JSON and dynamically created script
          tags to get around cross site scripting limitations. I think the
          question here was can you use HTTP POST with this technique, and the
          answer is no. You can only HTTP GET with dynamically created script tags.