Re: Classic ASP and T-SQL

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 10:59 AM
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "neil_b" <neil@...> wrote:

      > First Post - I see most environments are covered with a library for
      > json except Classic ASP. I have one last major development to do with
      > it before moving on to something newer.
      >
      > I imagine I could simply use Javascript mixed in with whatever other
      > scripting languages I use (VBScript and ActivePerl). Does anyone have
      > any guidance, comments or even code to help me with this approach?
      >
      > I am also interested in creating json with T-SQL in SQL Server.
      > Comments on that are appreciated too.
      >
      > Neil

      For converting ASP objects into JSON, I've had to write my own code to
      walk dictionaries, arrays, etc. I can't really share that.
      For converting JSON into something ASP can use, add

      function gParseJSON(aStr){
      return aStr.parseJSON();
      }

      to the bottom of the stock JSON.js script file.
      Include in your site's code:

      %>
      <SCRIPT Language="JAVASCRIPT" RUNAT="SERVER" SRC="/json.js"></script>
      <%
      This will expose the scripts in there to your VB and JS server side
      scripting.
      Example:

      const BR = "<br>"
      response.write "Testing parsing JSON into something:" & BR
      dim Point
      set Point = gParseJSON("{ ""x"" : 1, ""y"" : 2 }")
      response.write Point.x & BR
      response.write Point.Y & BR
      response.write Point.toJSONString() & BR
      response.write TypeName(Point) & BR
      response.write "Done Testing parsing JSON into something." & BR

      I have not yet learned how to find out what the names of all the
      properties are or how to access those dynamically. "For Each fld in
      Point" does not work.

      IMarv