PHP refuses to fix bug with JSON output and error reporting

  • Shelby Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      Apparently PHP has a bug that they marked "Won't Fix", which will
      prevent error reporting when JSON is output:

      http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=38184

      You may wish to add comments and/or votes to the bug report to try to
      convince PHP developers to fix the bug.

      If you have any questions about the nature of the bug, please add
      those questions as comments to the bug report at the above link, and I
      will respond there. Do not ask me questions about the bug here on
      this yahoo group. I will not answer here. Thanks.
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
        Could someone here post to this group as to why (if) this is really an
        issue, I feel like I must be missing something.

        Is there a reason why a custom error handler doesn't cover this and that
        your app should catch if it can't translate the incoming stream to json?

        --
        Matthew P. C. Morley