Re: eval parsing error in Internet Explorer 6

  • geoffreyk00
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5 7:54 AM
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "chris_nappin" <chris_nappin@...> wrote:

      > I've added some further debug and there are no characters in the JSON
      > string with ASCII values below 32 or above 125.
      >
      > I can't think of anything else to try, or anything in the String I
      can
      > "fix"? I'm going to have to put it down to a random Internet Explorer
      > bug, and we're going to have to stop using JSON all together, which
      is
      > a great shame.
      >
      > However if it really is an IE bug then I'd expect someone else has
      > also come accross the same issue?

      My *guess* is that the problem is somewhere else on your page. I would
      try taking the page apart, piece by piece untill the problem goes
      away.

      Could you post the files that you are using? maybe we could help
    • chris_nappin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6 2:18 AM
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "geoffreyk00" <geoffreyk@...> wrote:
        > My *guess* is that the problem is somewhere else on your page. I would
        > try taking the page apart, piece by piece untill the problem goes
        > away.
        >
        > Could you post the files that you are using? maybe we could help

        Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately the page is huge and dynamically
        generated using a complex XSLT sub-system, plus a lot of the
        JavaScript is held in external files. I will post a capture of the
        generated HTML on the group "files" section, and would be very
        grateful if you could scan this to find anything obvious.

        The "addMultiRowBlock" JavaScript method is the one I'm testing. The
        JSRS response results in "updateScreenCallback" being called, which is
        where the JSON is being "eval"ed.

        Regards,

        Chris.